- Are you passionate about telling stories and creating ideas that drive positive change?
- Do you have experience developing strategic and integrated communication campaigns for local and global brands?
- Are you motivated to work in a team environment that puts its people first?
- Are you an experienced account manager who wants to take the next step in your career with a focus on goal-oriented communications?
- Or are you an established account manager looking to specialize in sustainability-focused communications?
This is your opportunity to become an agent of change with Australia’s leading strategic communications agency, Sefiani, which was also recently named by CommsCon as Midsize Agency of the Year 2022.
Due to significant growth, we have a new role for an experienced Account Manager or Account Director, Consumer Communications and Sustainability and are looking for a passionate, experienced and confident Senior Account Manager who is ready to take the next step in his career to join us for this role. You’ll work as a key member of our growing sustainability practice, where you’ll apply your experience and smart thinking to drive creative, insight-driven campaigns and corporate communications programs for local brands and and engage a wide range of audiences and stakeholders.
You will work as part of a best-in-class sustainable communications team and collaborate to deliver award-winning programs that enhance and protect our clients’ brands and reputations and use creativity to communicate with the public on important issues and make an impact positive about people and the planet. . The role will include implementing integrated communications campaigns across earned media, social media, content and partnerships. With a focus on the professional development of our team, you will have the opportunity to learn from our senior specialists in strategy and creation, as well as in issues and crisis management.
Our clients include leading, purpose-driven, global organizations and local disruptors spanning beauty and wellness, technology, consumer goods, professional and financial services, and agriculture.
Our corporate culture:
People are our greatest asset, and the people at Sefiani are smart, professional and friendly. We have an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, heard and valued; and a collaborative team spirit where people truly love each other and are ambitious for each other’s career success, ensuring that no one is left behind.
We are passionate about communications and our profession. We also value our time for family, friends, fitness and fun and have a real work/life balance – we don’t just talk about it! And we are different because we don’t operate in silos. We create bespoke teams for each client account using people from across the agency, providing unlimited opportunities for meaningful work and career advancement.
The expertise you bring to the position:
- 6+ years of experience in a PR agency or in-house environment with background ideally in consumer and corporate communications
- Experience working with clients to take an integrated brief from concept to implementation – and proven track record in developing winning campaign strategies that capture attention and create impact
- Exceptional media relations skills, know how to write a great story and build positive relationships with mainstream and trade media reporters
- You are a digital native and culturally connected, with experience delivering integrated campaigns across earned, paid and social channels
- You are an excellent writer and a captivating storyteller
- You think smart and act quickly, take initiative and bring proactive ideas to the table.
- You are curious, confident and able to develop positive relationships with clients, media and colleagues.
In your new role, you will be responsible for:
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, anticipating challenges, communicating clearly and consistently with the client and your team to ensure on time and on budget
- Identify and work with the media; demonstrate a network of contacts with traditional and online media
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of corporate sustainability and ESG trends and share knowledge with others
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communication content
- Contribute to the creation of communication plans that meet client objectives
- Participate in new business development, including research and analysis that provides insight into business opportunities and CSR impact
- Build relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Manage junior team members and participate in their career growth and development
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the TRUE Values of Sefiani (Respect, Energize, Aspire, Learn)
- Paid parental leave (in proportion to seniority) including paid pension contribution (for mothers)
- Paid volunteer leave (one day) to support a cause close to your heart
- Paid welfare leave (two days per year)
- Holiday exchange
- paid birthday
- Loyalty leave
- Afternoon of recharge after the big projects
- Summer Fridays (early end at 3:30 p.m. from December 1 to the end of February)
- 50% reimbursement of the mobile bill (up to a total of $50 per month)