The MACo Policy Team is looking for a professional who can help represent and serve counties and their many frontline services across Maryland. Does this sound like an adjustment? Apply today!
MACo is looking for a Government Relations Professional to join our policy team, play a leading role in a range of policy areas, and coordinate advocacy and other projects with County Chiefs.
Applications must be submitted before July 30 (instructions below).
The Maryland Counties Association (MACo) is the voice of the 23 counties of Maryland and the city of Baltimore, articulating the needs and interests of members at the Maryland General Assembly. MACo provides a wide range of educational, partnership building and cost reduction services to its member jurisdictions. Political efforts, including advocacy before the General Assembly and state agencies, play a fundamental role in fulfilling MACo’s mission.
Members of the policy team:
- Represent chiefs elected and appointed by the county as resource, advocate and voice
- Drive on policy advocacy, analysis, research and communications to members
- To contribute to MACo’s mission, affiliates, conferences and educational offerings
- Collaborate with other staff members for events, services, relationships and projects
MACo is hiring for more than one political position and will consider both junior and senior applicants in this general job description.
- Familiarity with the State of Maryland and local government
- Familiarity with Maryland’s legislative and political process highly preferred
- Excellent public speaking and oral communication skills
- Excellent persuasive writing skills
- Strong research, analysis and computer skills
- Familiarity / comfort with social media channels (especially Twitter)
- Confidence in taking initiative, setting priorities and working independently
- A law degree or master’s degree in a relevant policy area is desirable, but related work experience is strongly considered
Candidates familiar with Maryland General Assembly legislative processes, public policy, or Maryland county governments will receive special consideration.
How to register:
Previous applicants do not need to reapply. New applicants can send the following documents to [email protected] by 4:30 p.m. on July 30, 2021 – include “Policy Associate – NAME” in the subject line:
- Cover letter detailing current salary, desired salary with justification and the reasons why the candidate believes they are qualified for the position of Policy Associate; and
- The curriculum vitae, which must contain training and work experience.
Registration deadline: July 30, 2021
MACo is an equal opportunities employer