As we emerge from the pandemic and building renovations, we are looking for a professional, intentional, family-focused leader to help create creative and lasting ministries for children, youth and families at Trinity Episcopal Church.
- Create and implement a plan to nurture and develop the ministries of children and youth of Trinity.
- Oversee, develop and implement a program and schedule of programs for Christian formation throughout the year for children (infancy to 5th grade) and youth (6th to 12th grade – in coordination with the Minister of Youth).
- In coordination with the clergy, develop worship life and opportunities for children, youth and their families.
- Create ministries and specific opportunities for formation and fraternity for parents of children and young people in the parish.
- Recruit, train, program and supervise Trinity’s childminders.
- Create outreach opportunities for children, youth and their families in Trinity, in coordination with the Minister of Youth.
- Look for opportunities to collaborate and strengthen the relationship with Trinity Episcopal School; plan, coordinate and implement the weekly school chapel service (in collaboration with the clergy and school staff).
- Coordinate all plans with ward staff, working as a team.
- Communicate and promote all activities and programs for children, youth and families to children, youth and families, as well as to staff and the congregation (as coordinated by the ward communications director).
- Implement and monitor Safe Church policies, best practices and compliance; background checks, application forms for volunteers, interviews with volunteers.
- Help facilitate connections with children, youth, and families with the larger Episcopal Church, its life and ministry.
- Build relationships with volunteers and develop volunteer ministry to work with children and youth (in coordination with the Minister of Youth).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- An identity in accordance with the principles and ideals of the Episcopal Church; comfortable speaking and teaching aspects of faith and spiritual health.
- Willingness to integrate the declaration of parish identity into all formation activities.
- Ability to use technology.
- Ability to manage and oversee the budget appropriately.
- Experience working with children, youth and parents desired.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Comprehensive medical coverage for individuals
- Paid leave for vacation, sickness and continuing education
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Submission deadline: August 31, 2021