The Calvert County Sheriff’s Office is proud to announce that Cpl. Nick DeFelice has been selected to participate in the Class of 2023 of the Leadership Southern Maryland (LSM) Executive Program.
The Leadership Southern Maryland (LSM) Board of Directors is pleased to announce the selection of 29 Southern Maryland leaders for its 15th Executive Program Cycle – Class of 2023.
From Calvert County
- Yu-Hsuan ChenVice President, Integrated Program Solutions, Inc.
- Nick DeFeliceCorporal, Special Operations Team, Calvert County Sheriff’s Office
- Sarah EhmanPublic Information Program Manager, Department of Communications and Media Relations, Calvert County Government
- Stacy HutchinsonAssociate Director of Administration, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Julianne ObergDirector of Economic Development, Calvert County Government
- Stephane PereiraDirector of Technology Services, Calvert County Government
- Kevin SchmidtPublic Outreach Manager, Calvert County Government
- Kevin SwickPresident and CEO, AVIAN, LLC
From Charles County –
- Tonya Allen ShawDirector, USDA-Office of the General Counsel
- Michelle DeSotoActing Deputy Director of Economic Development, Charles County Government
- Maryanna LanhamExecutive Director, Dream Queen Foundation
- Craig RennerDirector, Marketing and Communications, University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center
- Ashley TeagleCEO, Southern Maryland Regional Library Association, Inc.
From St. Mary’s County –
- Curtis BrownBusiness Development Manager, AIRtec, Inc.
- Douglas J. BurfieldGeneral Manager, NAS Patuxent River
- Lisa CasasDirector of Communications, St. Mary’s County Government
- AliceMarie (AM) DillonBranch Manager, Charlotte Hall, St. Mary’s County Library
- Rodney FlowersDirector of Facilitation, NavalX, Naval Air Systems Command
- Steve GirardVP of PAX Operations, Tekla Research
- Mark GoodrichExecutive Vice President, Programs, Naval Systems, Inc.
- Campbell HawkinsSenior Vice President, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, SMECO
- Denise KopelOffice/Facilities, BD Development Manager, MAG Aerospace
- Toni KruszkaDonor Relations and Special Events Manager, College of Southern Maryland
- Wade McConveyBusiness Development Manager, KBR
- Michael MeiselChief Financial Officer, MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital and MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- Ryan MorningBusiness Development Manager, StraCon Services Group
- Jennifer RaleyHead of Energy and Technology Programs DSM, SMECO
- Richard TarrManager, Highways Division, Department of Works and Transportation, St. Mary’s County Government
- Johnnie D Taylor, Jr.Managing Director, Contracts, NEANY, Inc.
After an opening two-day retreat in September, these students will attend eight intense one- or two-day sessions focusing on economic and workforce development, defence, education, health, public safety, housing and social services, multiculturalism and energy and environment.
These sessions will conclude with a closing retreat and graduation in May. More than 50 experts from across the region and state representing business, government, education, and nonprofit communities will serve as panelists and guest speakers.
Founded in 2008, LSM has successfully graduated over 500 regional leaders. LSM is an independent educational leadership development organization designed to expand the knowledge base of middle and senior managers in the public and private sectors on the critical issues, challenges and opportunities facing the region. Leadership Southern Maryland is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.