Sydney, December 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Barely published, this edition of the BuddeComm report describes the latest developments and key trends in the telecommunications markets. – https://www.budde.com.au/Research/Botswana-Telecoms-Mobile-and-Broadband-Statistics-and-Analyses/?utm_source=GNW
This is a hallmark of many markets in the region, itself a legacy of years of underinvestment.
However, the government and wholesale network provider BoFiNet have made considerable progress in recent years to extend the reach of the national fiber optic network. This is used to develop e-health and e-government services, as well as to promote e-commerce.
The government launched in October 2021 a revised e-commerce strategy in partnership with the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). This strategy aims to remove various obstacles that may restrict the growth of e-commerce and is based on the wider availability of quality broadband. It is also supported by the broader efforts under Botswana‘s Vision 2036 program, which aims to propel economic development through ICTs.
- BTC improves satellite connectivity to improve rural broadband access and support e-learning and e-government services;
- The regulator is launching a call for tenders for a multi-spectrum mobile broadband license;
- The government is reviewing its e-commerce strategy as part of the Vision 2036 program;
- Orange Botswana expands its Digital Schools Project, extends the reach of LTE-A services;
- Alphabet Cancels Project Loon Trials;
- Korea Telecom advises BTC on LTE network optimization;
- Orange Money launches a cross-border m-payment platform;
- BTC Announces 16% Increase in Net Profit in Fiscal Year 2021;
- The report update includes data from Statistics Botswana up to Q2 2021, telecom operator data up to Q3 2021, updates to the regulator’s annual report and market data up to Q1 2021, Telecommunications Maturity Index updated charts and analyzes, Assessment of the global impact of Covid-19 on the telecommunications sector, recent market developments.
Companies mentioned in this report:
Botswana Telecommunications Corporation (BTC), Mascom Wireless (MTN), Orange Botswana (Vista Cellular), beMobile, Botsnet, MTN Business, InfoBotswana (IBIS), Broadband Botswana Internet (BBI), OPQ Net, Mega Internet, Global Broadband Solution (GBS) )), Tsagae Communications, Virtual Business Network Services (VBN), Bytes Technology, Fourth Dimension, Hi-Performance Systems, Microteck Enterprises, Tharinet, Netspread, First National Bank
Read the full report: https://www.budde.com.au/Research/Botswana-Telecoms-Mobile-and-Broadband-Statistics-and-Analyses/?utm_source=GNW